3/01/2006

One I'd forgotten...

Okay, how is Streams of Whiskey the only Pogues album that our library (or the other two libraries that I frequent) has? C'mon...

This is a live recording from Switzerland from just before the band broke up, and is a true edit- and overdub-free recording of them at their drunken finest...or at least at their drunkenest. It's a sloppy night that's a very - I'm guessing - authentic snapshot of a band that was able to keep things together for at least long enough to put together some great albums, which is what I was looking for when I headed to the library catalog.

Sadly, all they had was this - complete with Shane MacGowan's mised vocal cues and drunken slurring. It's reality but I'd rather have the really good studio version of reality.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home